Farwes Homes Ltd is an R-2000 Builder R-2000 Homes
As thousands of homeowners have discovered, R-2000 is the smart new home
R-2000 is made-in-Canada home building technology with a worldwide
Reputation for energy efficiency and environmental responsibility. The
R-2000 Standard is a series of technical requirements for new home .
Performance that go way beyond building codes. Every R-2000 home
is built and certified to this standard.
The Canadian Home Builders' Association works with Natural Resources Canada. (NRCan's) Office of Energy Efficiency which manages R-2000 on behalf of the federal government in support of R-2000 technology, builders and consumers.
The R-2000 mission is: "To promote the energy efficiency and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions of Canada's new housing stock through an industry-I market-driven, leading edge housing standard presented as a co-operative partnership of the private and public sectors."
The ten most important things to know about R-2000:
- R-2000 represents a way of building homes, not a specific design, style
home. Virtually any home can become an R-2000 home.
- R-2000 homes are built to the R-2000 Standard-a series of strict technical requirements for energy efficiency, indoor air quality and environmental responsibility, above and beyond anything required by building codes.
- The R-2000 Standard is voluntary. Builders choose to build R-2000 home" because they believe that the technology is superior to conventional con and they want to provide their customers with a better built home.
- Every R-2000 builder has taken extra training in advanced design and construction techniques. And every R-2000 builder has a license to prove" licensed R-2000 builders can offer you an R-2000 home.
- R-2000 homes are not experimental. They use only proven technology,
techniques and proven products.
- . The Standard is updated periodically to reflect the latest research and
developments in the industry, and to keep R-2000 on the leading edge.
- Every R-2000 home goes through a strict independent quality assurance process of testing and verification from beginning to end, from blueprint completion. No other homes offer this level of quality assurance.
- Every R-2000 home is certified. Once a home has passed all tests and
inspections, you will receive a numbered certificate from the Government Canada-your proof that you own an R-2000 home.
- Only certified homes are R-2000 homes. Homes that are "almost R-200C good as" or "built to the standard but not certified"...don't count, because those homes don't have quality assured performance.
- Amid growing concerns over greenhouse gasses and global warming, R-; provides a model for environmentally responsible housing, both In Canada and around the world.